there's always great discussion about when the mind goes. Genetics, life trials, age, or childbirth. But when I stood for 10 minutes on that grocery store aisle last nite, trying to remember what else I was getting on this row....I couldn't remember my name!!! Or the Kleenex we so desperately needed this week. Other shoppers looked at me, the stock boy asked if he could help, and I just stood there. I tried the other recall techniques - search whole aisle until I'd see what it was, but no help; I walked out of the aisle and back in the way I came retracing my steps, nope, still blank.
But I did remember the Kleenex JUST as I was walking away from the register with my heavy, and paid for, cart of groceries.
So, is it age? is it Mommy Brain? is it the fantastic medications I am on? or am I destined to be as clueless as those who have come before me? or was it my foggy-i've-been-sick-all-week feeling?
Looks like I had a slew of reasons for forgetting the Kleenex. Mainly because it was NOT on my list.
I really wanted to play putt-putt with the kids today, so we did. It was 87 degrees. And it's gonna be hot for the Easter Egg Hunts tomorrow. And I had barbeque chicken pizza. THAT was great. And, as you probably guessed, I had a Cherry Coke.
Good day for the books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I used to tell Dean when I turned 30, my body started falling apart. I had to get bifocals, I got arthitis, my headaches kicked in bad, and I got GERD. Now that I'm in my 40's I think I'm ready to see Jesus. : ) I'm so glad I had my kids when I was young, I have no energy now. LOL
Post a Comment